Wordsmyth Theater is now accepting One Act or Two Act plays for a New Play Reading Series for 2012. Six plays will be selected, with one slot reserved for a Houston, TX playwright and another slot reserved for a Spanish/English bilingual play. Each selected playwright will be paired with a director and cast. The play will then be read in front of an audience and the audience will be invited to stay after for a moderated discussion of the play.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
1. Play must not have been produced.
2. Play must not have had a public reading in the Houston area.
3. Submission must be received on or before July 31, 2011.
4. Submission must be a minimum of 40 pages long and have a minimum run time of 40 minutes.
5. Submission must be in .doc, .pdf or .rtf format.
6. There should be no playwright identifiers anywhere on the script.
7. Only one play per playwright per submission period.
8. No musicals, children's plays, or one-person plays.
Please go to our website at www.wordsmyththeater.org, and then click on the play submissions tab.
Wordsmyth Theater Company is a Houston-based playwright’s theater dedicated to the development of new theatrical works from formative stages through full production. Through workshops and readings of plays with directors, dramaturgy and performers at various stages, as well as through lectures, seminars, classes and web resources, Wordsmyth aims to provide playwrights with a wide range of assistance in realizing their artistic vision.